Series Forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
64.99 € 129.99 €
Voir le deal

Vous n'êtes pas connecté. Connectez-vous ou enregistrez-vous

Natalie Dormer

2 participants

Aller en bas  Message [Page 1 sur 1]

1Natalie Dormer Empty Natalie Dormer Sam 9 Mai 2009 - 15:33

a.a.k

a.a.k
Jensen's secret lover

+ Natalie Dormer +

Natalie Dormer Sans_t90

Nom: Dormer
Prénom: Natalie
Date de naissance: 30 Novembre 1983
Lieu de naissance: Reading, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
Taille: 1m68
Résidence: Londres, Royaume-Uni

Natalie est née en 1983 à Reading. Elle étudie l'art dramatique à la Webber Douglas Academy à Londres, et apparaît dans plusieurs productions théatrales, telles que: "Under Milk Wood," "The School for Scandal", ou "Pride & Prejudice".

Son premier rôle au cinéma est en 2005 dans le film "Casanova" aux côtés de Heath Ledger dans le rôle de Victoria Donnato. Un rôle qui était au début plus court, mais le réalisateur était si impressionné par le talent de Natalie qu'il décide d'approfondir le rôle et d'y ajouter une once de comédie.

En 2007, Natalie est Anne Boleyn dans "The Tudors".

Le saviez-vous?
  • Elle est inspirée par l'actrice Cate Blanchett.
  • Son film préféré: La Reine Margot.
  • Son sport favori c'est l'escrime, d'ailleurs, elle est membre de l'Académie Londonienne d'Escrime.
  • Elle parle courement le Français.
  • C'est une danceuse accomplie de ballet, jazz et dance moderne.
  • C'est une chanteuse mezzo soprano (opéra).

Source: The Tudors Hypnoweb

http://cangelbestlovers.positifforum.com/

2Natalie Dormer Empty Re: Natalie Dormer Mer 8 Juil 2009 - 14:53

a.a.k

a.a.k
Jensen's secret lover

+ Filmographie +

Casanova (2005) ... Victoria
Rebus (2006) ... Phillippa Balfour
Flawless (2007) ... Cassie
The Tudors (2007-2008) ... Anne Boleyn
Fencewalker (2009) ... N/A
Miss Marple (2009) ... Moira Nicholson
City of Life (2009) ... Olga
Masterwork (2009) ... N/A

Source: Admiring Natalie Dormer

3Natalie Dormer Empty Re: Natalie Dormer Mar 22 Sep 2009 - 22:01

a.a.k

a.a.k
Jensen's secret lover

Quelques citations sur l'actrice ou de la bouche de l'actrice:

Jonathan Rhys Meyers was asked How is Natalie Dormer as Queen? His answer :
Anne Boleyn is extraordinary. How Natalie Dormer has played her is quite the most extraordinary thing. Because she starts off as this very intelligent, highly intuitive girl. And then suddenly she's thrust into this arena by her father Thomas Boleyn - played incredibly by Nick Dunning. So at the start she's not really sure whether she loves Henry or can love Henry. Then she begins to love Henry. Then she begins to become an ally of Henry's. Than she starts wielding power of her own. So you'll find in the second season Anne Boleyn has become very, very powerful. But she has to be careful. Because Henry doesn't share power with anyone. Even someone he has taken to bed. So there's a certain limit to Anne Boleyn's power that she hasn't found yet. But Natalie has played her with extraordinary intelligence and extraordinary beauty. She's one of the few actresses I've met in my life - and I've worked with a bunch of them - who knows how to use every single inch of herself.

"I've got an open mind. I say I'm an atheist but I wouldn't mind being visited by a ghost, I'd be open to the experience."

"I know people think that acting is not quite the occupation of grown-ups, but it is actually the ultimate learning process: You get a multitude of experiences, all for the price of one life." - Self

"I danced from the age of three. I was always in amateur dramatics and I did a lot of public speaking. So when I told my family I was going to be an actress....well it was like when your camp best friend tells you he's gay and you're trying really hard to look surprised. Even so, it was one of the worst years of my life. I was an Usher at 'The Lion King'. I was an office temp - the epitome of spiritual bankruptcy - and even a cocktail waitress... sorry, a mixologist. I can still free-pour a double vodka."

"I’ve always been a black sheep. That’s a hard thing to be until you find your calling in life. I was bullied a lot at school, probably because I was perceived to be different from everyone else."

"Ive got a soft spot for really cheesy 1980s ballads by Pat Benatar and Foreigner. When I’m having my make-up put on at 6am and I need to be warmed up gently, it’s always Ella Fitzgerald or Nina Simone."

"I’m tainted by the corset – Helena Bonham Carteritis"

"Chemistry was of obvious significance and importance. And Jonny and I just hit it off. Within five minutes of meeting him, we were doing love scenes. I mean, this is the actor's life!"

(about her audition for "The Tudors") "I walked away thinking, well, if I don't get the job, it doesn't matter - I've kissed Jonathan Rhys Meyers!"

"When Jonathan Rhys Meyers walked into the room. I was like, “Mmmm, OK, I’ll happily settle for that.” I guess that, when we think about Henry VIII, we think of the older man. But the younger man was a very athletic type."

"For me, the sexiest men don’t know they’re drop-dead gorgeous. Not that I’d ever rule out a pot-bellied plumber in the right circumstances."

"She's infamous in history and yet there's not a great deal of documentation about the woman herself. You've got the great thing of everyone knowing who Anne Boleyn is, but you've also got carte blanche to do what you want with it."

"So I think Anne really stood out - fire and intelligence and boldness - in comparison to the English roses that were flopping around court, she would've stood out. And Henry noticed that.
"

"The Reformation is difficult to explain to modern audiences. It was a social and religious revolution where faith and politics were synonymous. Anne Boleyn was like a communist marrying the president of the United States. Henry thought he was the supreme embodiment of God on earth. Why should he answer to the Pope? And how do you argue with people who say, "This is God's will" whether that is Henry VIII or an Islamic terrorist?"
"Early on in the first series, I was very green, but my role, my power, and my confidence grew along with Anne Boleyn's. We came of age at the same time." - in an interview with Men's Vogue

4Natalie Dormer Empty Re: Natalie Dormer Mar 22 Sep 2009 - 22:13

Ludo

Ludo
BTVS forever

Je suis franchement *fan* de cette actrice. Mais c'est pas n'importe quel "fan", plus je la vois, plus je suis charmé. Par ailleurs, c'est dommage qu'elle soit si peu connue, j'espère qu'elle retrouvera un rôle le plus rapidement possible, elle me manque! Et puis, elle le mérite vraiment, c'est une actrice en tous points exceptionnelle I love you
Sinon, niveau physique, je dois avouer qu'elle est à tomber wub

5Natalie Dormer Empty Re: Natalie Dormer Sam 3 Oct 2009 - 18:34

a.a.k

a.a.k
Jensen's secret lover

Citations de Natalie ^^

“The swordplay in Casanova is beautiful. I’m actually disappointed that there isn’t more, I suppose I’m quite violent. I took a stage combat class at school and developed quite a sword collection.”

(When asked about being bullied as a child) “Still to this day I can’t place why. I’d actually love to meet myself as a kid and see if I could figure it out.”

“I know people think that acting is not quite the occupation of grown-ups, but it is actually the ultimate learning process: You get a multitude of experiences, all for the price of one life.”

“I think the thing about Anne Boleyn is there is an exotic quality to her. This is a woman who wasn’t raised in the English court. She was in the French court and Hapsburg court. She has a continental exotic quality to her. She’s quite a fiery woman and incredibly intelligent. So I think Anne really stood out – fire and intelligence and boldness – in comparison to the English roses that were flopping around court, she would’ve stood out. And Henry noticed that.”

(On Jonathan Rhys Meyers) “Young, incredibly attractive, vibrant male with a lot of energy, a lot of intelligence and wit. Charisma. The parallels just speak. It’s method acting – he’s cheating! He’s got such intensity, such focus. You get drawn in to it – it’s easy to play a woman who becomes infatuated with him. He sucks you in. Those eyes and …. it’s easy.”

“It was quite an initiation to my first movie. By the end of the day my inhibitions had completely gone and the crew had all seen more of me than I anticipated”

“My boyfriend even bought me a 19th Century infantry blade for my birthday”

“Jonathan [Rhys Meyers] is a wonderful human being. I had several dinners and coffees with him beforehand to talk about it and even a good cry with him as we stood in Kilmainham at dawn before the scene. ‘By the time I walked on to the scaffold, I hope I did have that phenomenal air of dignity that Anne had because she went out in the most incredible manner. It was one of the best experiences of my career so far.”

“You don’t turn down a great job because it requires a corset and you’ve worn one before. I consider each project on individual merit.”
I love all history because it’s storytelling. But, I will always have a special place in my heart for the Tudor dynasty.”

“I miss a lot of the people I worked with. I miss people bowing at me…Joke! But it was time to move on. Hopefully, she will be one of just many characters that I grow a strong affection for in playing them.”

“I was frequently told at drama school that I was thinking too much.”
“There was an obvious concern at home because actors are all wandering troubadours, aren’t we?”

“I might seem a bit of a handful to directors because I have been told that I have a very dominant personality ‘ and I don’t think you could print what Anthony says about me!”

“I did indulge myself in a lot of history reading, to inform myself as to who the real woman was. As far as other actresses’ portrayals, though, I tried to stay clear. It muddles your process, I find.”

“I’ve spent a lot of recreational time walking around historical castles and estates, in Britain and Europe, and so I know what the real thing looks like”

“You can really sink your teeth into it. I found the experience of her execution incredibly harrowing. It was very upsetting. I had to do all the lines, and as I was saying them, I got the feeling I was saying goodbye to a character. And, of course, you have to deal with the obvious sympathy and empathy to the historical figure. I was a real crucible of emotions for those few days. Which is a gift. Because when you’re holding a draft, a mirror up to life as humbly as we can, it’s one of the greatest opportunities we can be given, to deal with mortality. I felt very, very privileged and very, very grateful to have that experience.”

Citations de Jonathan Rhys Meyers sur Natalie

“Natalie is extraordinary. She’s such a technician, as an actress. Natalie trained. She’s the epitome of when training meets talent in the best way possible. She’s naturally gifted and comes alive on camera. It’s a fantastic mixture.”

“Her Anne Boleyn is extraordinary. It’s more serious and sensitive.”

Citations de Michael Hirst sur Natalie

“I can’t say enough about Natalie. She’s very intelligent, as a person, but she didn’t let her intelligence stand in the way of embodying this lively, complex woman. We asked her to step up to the plate, and she stepped up to the plate big-time. She was hurt by a couple of negative notices at the end of season one, I think, when she was dismissed as being a bit of fluff, as just playing your typically manipulative, scheming bitch, and that was all she was capable of portraying. She came to us and said, ‘Would you throw everything at me this season? I want to show them that that’s not true, that I can do it.’ Well, over the course of the season, either directly or indirectly or in dreams, she’s drowned, stabbed, burned and beheaded; she loses two children; she loses her life at a very young age; she loses Henry; she realizes that her father has abused and manipulated her. She has to go through many, many things, and Natalie did it. She really did it."

“Natalie, I hope, I trust, has a great career ahead of her.”

6Natalie Dormer Empty Re: Natalie Dormer Mar 9 Mar 2010 - 11:15

a.a.k

a.a.k
Jensen's secret lover

Reviews sur la performance de Natalie dans la pièce Sweet Nothings (ou du cast de façon générale):

And you learn everything you need to know about Natalie Dormer’s selfishly sensual Mitzi when she casually plants her hat on Christine’s carefully laid-out chessboard. But the performances throughout are as impeccable as the production.
Le reste de l'article ICI

In Luc Bondy’s dazzling production, the opening act is like a frantic polka characterised by spontaneity and lots of drink. Under his masterly direction, the cast immediately come alive, roaming the stage, alert to each other, occasionally histrionic, often thoughtful, sometimes troubled.

The acting is both startling and moving, with the young cast unafraid to collide violently with one another in passion and aggression. At one point the fairly minimalist set is transformed by the characters into a scene of decadence, chaos and wasted oblivion, with broken glass, scattered cake and discarded bed linen littering the room.

Contenu sponsorisé

Revenir en haut  Message [Page 1 sur 1]